And there are as many ways to wear them as there are styles. Here are a few of my favorites.
4 ways to wear winter boots
- Black boots over skinny jeans. I have a pair of flat black leather boots that are perfect for tucking into this season’s dark washed skinny jeans. The low heel works with more casual ensembles; to dress it up, I’d switch to a boot with a higher heel and a sharper toe profile.
- Riding boots. Always classic, so always in style, riding boots go with skirts and pants. But if you wear them over leggings or skinny pants, especially with a jacket, beware of being overly equestrian and costume-y. Observers may wonder where you’ve left your riding crop.
- Suede boots under cropped tweed pants. My suede boots are brown with a medium heel and pointed toes. They look great with a pair of brown tweed cropped paints. It gives extended life to shorter pants and shows off the beautiful suede.
- Mid-calf shearling boots with denim or wool skirts. For a more rugged, weekend look, I pull out my North Face Janey boots; they’re flat and lined with shearling, so they work best with equally substantial fabrics, like denim or wool.
Now it’s your turn:
- What boot styles do you own?
- How do you wear them?
- How many pairs do you have? (Confess!)