1. With Fashion week just around the corner, we are all beginning to focus on the upcoming trends for fall. But what about the trends hitting stores now? What are you coveting?
After a bit of a spendy fall, I’ve actually put the brakes on my shopping for the time being. (No spending at all in January, if you can believe that!) So I’ve tried to remain somewhat blissfully ignorant about what’s in the stores at the moment.
But once the groundhog sees his shadow and I catch spring fever again, I think I’ll be working some Tangerine Tango into my wardrobe. It feels fresh and unexpected.
2. How do you incorporate new trends into your wardrobe?
The same way I incorporate any new piece into my wardrobe: I try to look for garments that complement something I already own, replace it or fill a gap.
3. What trend are you seeing and not loving?
There seems to be a lot of heavy use of lace in some of the spring collections, as well as very transparent or sheer tops. I don’t really see myself in either of these trends!
4. Do you feel the pressure to constantly update your closet with the latest trends?
Pressure? No. Temptation? Of course! We all like the shiny new toy, don’t we?
5. Where do you find inspiration that takes the trend and makes it accessible to you and your personal taste?
A little bit of everywhere: fashion magazines, other style bloggers and my own imagination.
- How would you answer these questions?
Share the love
Thanks for reading. Did you like this post? Please leave a comment or share it with someone else; just use the handy sharing widget below.
(Want to get more shopping tips and fun insider stuff? Join The Style List. It’s like a secret club in your email inbox! And when you join, you’ll get my free email series, 7 Days to Better Shopping. It’s my gift to you!)