When Lena Bryant first began creating and offering clothing for larger women over 100 years ago, she could hardly have imagined the breadth and range of plus size labels that would one day exist (or the amazing success of her Lane Bryant stores).
Now there are more choices than ever. The hardest part, in fact, may be figuring out where to start!
Here are some of the best places to shop online for stylish clothes in the plus-size range, usually considered to be size 14-24.
- The standard-bearers. Devoted entirely to plus size fashions, Lane Bryant actually began as a maternity shop before expanding into-and then focusing entirely on–plus size clothing. You can find a Lane Bryant store, and/or relative newcomer Avenue, at just about every mall.
- Subsidiaries of larger brands. Many brands now offer either plus size sister brands (Torrid, ASOS Curve, Eloquii by the Limited) or plus size ranges of their primary brands (like Old Navy, which goes up to size 30 in its Women’s Plus, or Fresh Produce Plus Size).
- Unique boutiques. For truly unique options, search for plus sizes on Etsy; what you find may be one-of-a-kind.
- Multi-brand stores. Some online boutiques that sell clothes from multiple labels include offerings in plus-size ranges. You can search for plus sizes on Zappos and ModCloth’s sizing goes up to 4X (U.S. size 22).
- Department store departments. Visit any department store website and you’ll find a section or “shop” devoted to plus sizes, from Nordstrom to Macy’s to Neiman Marcus.
- Specialty lines. Plus size garments aren’t limited to dresses, tops and pants, either. Brazen Lingerie offers plus-size unmentionables and Always for Me sells swimsuits and lingerie in sizes 14W-24W.
As with any online shopping, price ranges and quality varies from brand to brand. Once you find a line that works best on your body, start your searches for new garments there (and sign up for the store’s email list so you can be the first to get notices of new sales and styles).
- If you’re plus size, where do you shop online?
- Are any of these sites your favorite?
What to buy
[Disclosure: Some links are affiliate links.]
Share the love
Thanks for reading. Did you like this post? Please leave a comment or share it with someone else; just use the handy sharing widget below.
(Want to get more shopping tips and fun insider stuff? Join The Style List. It’s like a secret club in your email inbox! And when you join, you’ll get my free email series, 7 Days to Better Shopping. It’s my gift to you!)