Can you believe Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner? Summer’s so close we can almost taste it.
Here’s what to wear to spend the unofficial start of summer in style.
- Printed capris. Printed denim is one of the biggest trends for spring. What better way to feel fresh and bright for a holiday weekend? If wearing prints on your bottom half isn’t your thing, swap it for colored denim or khakis, another big trend. Capri length will suit most locations where temperatures are rising but not yet summer-hot.
- Cotton top. You can always go with a classic T-shirt, but what about a fun little cotton top? A simple button-up in a solid color will balance out all that print on the bottom. (If you opted for solid capris, you can either keep the top solid for a little color-blocking, or seek out a summery print. Florals are everywhere this year.)
- Casual kicks. There’s something so classic about a pair of canvas casual sneakers. You especially can’t go wrong with Keds.
- Sunglasses. Keep that sun out of your eyes! Fun shades top off any look.
- Big straw tote. Hitting the road for Memorial Day weekend? Tote your magazines and sunscreen and other odds and ends in a big straw bag. It’s guaranteed to make you feel that much closer to your summer vacation.
Adapt as needed for your climate. If it’s cooler, add a cardigan or hoodie to the ensemble. If it’s warmer, trade out the capris for shorts or the sneakers for sandals.
No matter what your weather, don’t forget the sunscreen!
What to Wear
$21 - wallisfashion.com
$90 - asos.com
$50 - zappos.com
$49 - asos.com
$38 - missselfridge.com
£4.99 - hm.com
- Fab mamas: What are your plans for this Memorial Day weekend? Are you staying in or hitting the road? What are your suggestions for a holiday weekend outfit?
Get more shopping tips and fun insider stuff: Join The Style List. It’s like a secret club in your email inbox! And when you join, you’ll get my free email series, 7 Days to Better Shopping. It’s my gift to you!)
[Affiliate links disclosure]