Being a working mom has its share of challenges, from child care to simply getting out the door on time.
And when you’re a working mom of very little ones, an added challenge is often getting out that door fingerprint free.
While it may not be possible to look perfectly professional 100% of the time, a savvy working mom can raise that percentage with these style survival tips:
- Keep extras. Stash backup copies of items like hose in your desk at the office or in the car. You could even keep a simple white dress blouse neatly folded in a drawer; it’ll match any suit, skirt or pants you own.
- Stain wipes. Ever get to work and find out there was a smear on the side of your pants leg? Many a day has been saved by the miracle of Shout Stain Wipes. (Added bonus: They work with lunch spills, too.)
- Strategic layers. Speaking of keeping extras in your desk, a large scarf, pashmina or even a cardigan can be deployed to cover up spots, stains or tears.
- Get dressed at the last minute. When my daughter was little, I wore a robe as I got ready. The final layer of clothes didn’t go on until we were on our way out the door. I found it cut down on messy incidents exponentially.
In my years as a working mom, I will confess that there have been days when I employed all of these strategies at once!
But I’ll also tell you this: some of the most precious necklaces I’ve worn to work have been the string-and-bead creations of my fingerprint-applier and I wouldn’t trade them for the world.
[Disclosure: Some links are affiliate links.]
- What are your tips and tricks for stain-free working mom style?
Share the love
Thanks for reading. Did you like this post? Please leave a comment or share it with someone else; just use the handy sharing widget below.
(Want to get more shopping tips and fun insider stuff? Join The Style List. It’s like a secret club in your email inbox! And when you join, you’ll get my free email series, 7 Days to Better Shopping. It’s my gift to you!)