I’m here to tell you it’s perfectly OK to steal, er get inspired by, outfit ideas from other people.
You can find these inspirations anywhere and everywhere. Here are a few of my favorites:
- pay attention; I often notice well-dressed women at the mall, on the street or on the subway
- read style blogs (and then find others to read by looking at who those blogs link to)
- start a board on Pinterest
- browse through the collages on Polyvore
- check out celebrity photos online or in magazines; they pay big money for stylists to create their looks, after all!
And here’s an example: I totally copied this outfit from Refinery 29. (Thanks, Refinery 29!)
- Fab mamas: Who gives you style inspiration?