When I think of the Chic style, I think “European”—or French, to be more precise. Chic women are elegant. Chic women are put-together. Chic women have that impeccable air of je ne sais quois. They may not all shop in Paris, but it sometimes seems that way!
How to tell if Chic is your style
Warning: generalizations ahead! There are always exceptions to these “rules,” of course, but it’s quite likely that if Chic is your style …
- your wardrobe contains pieces like a black cashmere turtleneck, fitted blazer and wide leg jeans. Your shoes are peep toe slingbacks. Your necklace is a silver pendant.
- you wear labels like Calvin Klein, Chanel, DVF, Banana Republic, A.P.C. and Isabel Marant.
- your style idols include Catherine Deneuve, Ines de la Fressange and Halle Berry.
- your color palette is black, black and black, with accents of white and bright primary colors, like red and cobalt blue.
- you prefer being thought of as elegant and impeccable.
- you would rather buy a very few well made, more expensive items than many mass market ones.
A perfect Level 2/weekend Chic outfit: white T-shirt, black leather jacket, wide leg jeans and Bensimon sneakers, worn with two silver necklaces of different lengths.
While Chic women often dress in nothing but this style, you may also find them mixing in items that are Classic or Modern.
Chic Mamas, does this sound like you? What would you add to the description of this style category?
Still not sure which style is right for you? “What’s My Style?” is the fast, fun workshop that will teach you how to identify your personal style—and build your own signature look. For less than the price of a lipstick, learn how today!